IPS Employment Specialists: £22- £24k per year
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Would you like to join our expanding team at an IPS Centre of Excellence to help us make a real difference to the mental health of adults in Birmingham & Solihull?
These are challenging, exciting and very rewarding roles working for a well-established Charity with experience of supporting the local community for over 50 years.
In this role, we also offer:
- Full training in Individual Placement Support & Mental Health First Aid certificate
- Flexible working around client needs, home/community/office
- Generous holiday entitlement (36 days including bank & concessionary holidays)
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Friendly team
The IPS Employment Specialist roles are embedded within the NHS Community Mental Health Teams across Birmingham and Solihull. You will be working with clients who may have severe and enduring mental health conditions which impact on their ability to gain work. You will support, guide, coach and facilitate their needs to help them achieve their vocational goals. Covid-19 measures are fully in place for our employees and clients.
- Experience/knowledge of the complexities of severe and enduring mental health conditions
- Experience/understanding of working with people with mental health support needs to sustain employment
- An effective listener able to establish trust and coach others.
- Previous work in a similar role e.g. welfare to work/employability/employer engagement/ recruitment/employment advisory experience
- Previous experience working with young people/adults with physical and learning disabilities in employment focused programmes
- A good network of employers and training providers in Birmingham & Solihull
- Trained in or previous experience of the IPS model of delivery
Applying for the role
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a “Disability Confident Committed Employer” we welcome applications from people with disabilities or health conditions. If you need any reasonable adjustments for the recruitment process, please email the above address with the details.