Vocational Specialists: Circa £24-25k per year
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and committed vocational specialists to join our expanding team at Better Pathways as we prepare to mobilise a new European Social Fund employability project – a ‘disability inclusion pathway’. This is an opportunity for the right individuals to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of unemployed adults in Birmingham & Solihull.
Working with partners in the Disability Resource Centre and BIS Services, you will be joining a well-established charity that has been delivering mental health support services to the local community for almost 60 years.
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement (36 days including bank holidays and concessionary days)
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive personal development planning and training opportunities
- Friendly and supportive team
You will be working with clients with a broad range of health and general support needs arising from their poor mental health, learning difficulty/disability and/or physical disability. You will guide clients through comprehensive vocational profiling and co-produced action plans to help them achieve their goals, which might be employment, training or volunteering. You will be required to work with clients on a face-to-face basis, complemented by remote sessions where preferred by your clients. Better Pathways has comprehensive Covid-19 safe policies in place and operates a Covid-19 safe environment.
- Previous experience working with people 18+ with health conditions, poor mental health, physical or learning disabilities in employment focused programmes
- Experience of developing and delivering employability and employment related activities
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills with an ability to work in accordance with the principles of person-centred planning and implementation
- Relevant qualifications at Level 3 or above i.e IAG, PTTLS, ERS
- Experience in a similar role e.g., welfare to work/employability/employer engagement/ recruitment/employment advisory experience
- A good knowledge of the local labour market with a network of employers and training providers in Birmingham & Solihull
Funding: This role is funded by ESF. The ESF funding is expected to commence 1st July 2021 and end 31st December 2023
Applying for the role
As a Disability Confident employer we welcome applications from people with disabilities or health conditions. If you need any reasonable adjustments for the recruitment process, please email the above address with the details.