At the Better Pathways Digbeth site, we currently have a team of over 100 people with mental health issues or learning disabilities in our social enterprise; Better Pathways Assembly Services. Since 1963 BAS (Better Assembly Services), has been at the heart of their rehabilitation. It is a voluntary, therapeutic work programme or social enterprise, delivering critical business-to-business services in packing, labelling, assembly and light engineering. We support upwards of 30 national businesses to achieve their commercial aims. We have recently added an Electrostatic Safety Area (ESA) for sensitive electronic device assembly.
We have a dedicated, professional team of staff working alongside our 100+ volunteers in a safe, supported space, growing their skills, confidence and self-esteem, giving them a sense of purpose and achievement and the chance to engage more fully in our communities.
What we deliver
We pack, label and assemble a wide range of products:
- Printed circuit boards
- A broad range of fixings, fixtures and fittings
- Healthcare products
- Prison offender home packs
- Plumbing products
- Electrical products
- We unpack and repack products from bulk to small packs for retail
We undertake re-work, including:
- Flaw corrections
Who we work for
We welcome opportunities to work with businesses in any sector. We currently support:
- Electronics manufacturers
- Stationery suppliers and printers
- Distributors of health, homecare and retail supplies
- Building trade manufacturers
- Gas and drainage component makers
- Hospital equipment suppliers
- Local prisons, government and community-oriented organisations
Benefits of working with us
- Tailored services to meet your needs to the highest quality
- Competitive pricing on all our work. We cover our costs but will also work as a partner within client parameters, be they cost-driven or time-based
- Flexible, responsive, capacity when you need it, whether ad hoc or permanent
- Free local collection and delivery (further afield at competitive rates)
- An opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- By contracting with us, companies also contribute to our social goal which is to enable more people with mental health problems, an improved pathway to recovery
For more information about our packing, assembly and light engineering services, please click on the attached brochure.
Contact us for a quote!